TSBN History

Churches in Southwestern Indiana organized the Southwestern Indiana Southern Baptist Association in 1958 with 32 churches. Some of our churches had been in fellowship with Associations in Kentucky and Illinois until Indiana churches formed The State Convention of Baptists in Indiana. After SCBI was formed, Southwestern felt this would be a good time to break away from the Kentucky partnership and become part of the Indiana Convention. Realigning with SCBI allowed us to focus our mission print and partner with other Indiana churches who shared the common purpose, to “win the lost” of Indiana to Christ.
Director of Missions (DOM) History
Herb Schmitz (1959-1961), CE Wiley (1961-1970), George Senter (1971-1980), Alan Pollack (1981-1990)
Don Childress (1991-1998), James Frazier (1998-2008), John Horn (2009-2012)
Coordinator History
(Changed from DOM Structure to Strategist Model with a Coordinator in 2013)
Nathan Butler (2013 -7/31/14), Dr. Ron Osborne (9/1/14 – 6/30/17)
Name Change
On October 22, 2016 the messengers of the Association voted to change the name from the
Southwestern Indiana Baptist Association to Tri-State Baptist Network.  




Office Building

SWIBA Office 1983
Office Building was built by Carpenters for Christ in 1983.


Fellowship Hall through the years!

FH in 1983

Fellowship Hall Building was built in 1980

Fellowship HallFellowship Hall Building in 2010

ky campers groupKentucky Campers on Mission blessed SWIBA by residing the FH Building and adding a new overhang.

 July 2013

2013-06-27 13.02.27Fellowship Hall today

Association Property

The Tri-State Baptist Network is blessed to have three buildings, two full-size ballfields, and a bit more than 22 acres of property available for use by our cooperating churches.  It is a tremendous resource that God has provided.